Man With a Van: If you find yourself in a situation where you need to transfer bulky items or furniture from one location to another in the UK, and are trying to decide what is the best option, a nearby service could provide the perfect solution. It can be very costly to use a professional removal company in the UK, especially if you've only got a few items to move that do not really call for the use of a huge lorry or container, and this is a scenario where your local man with a van comes to the fore. As required, your neighbourhood man with a van can pick up smaller loads and deliver them to locations across Great Britain and even to locations in Europe, offering a professional and personal service that is unrivalled by larger removal firms.
A man with van provides a flexible service that can overcome pretty much any moving situation around your home or office in the UK. The fantastic thing about these services is that they are perfect for collecting bulky articles purchased from online auction sites like Ebay, Shpock, Gumtree or Facebook marketplace, where home delivery isn't provided. Get a price quote from your local man with a van, and they'll collect and deliver that impulse buy of a piano or a running machine that won't squeeze into your mini.
If you are moving to a different house or apartment in the UK area,can do doing a number of short distance trips to make the moving process less stressful. Some people in the UK choose to go down the self-drive van hire route, which is fine of course, but what you will have to remember is that you'll have to do all of the loading and unloading yourself without the benefit of that extra pair of hands. You may decide that using a man with a van is a better alternative. If you are able and willing, you can help with preparing the stuff ahead of the move, and also help with the loading of the vehicle for the initial trip. When the first load is safely delivered you can focus on unpacking your possessions in your destination property, while the man and van picks up the remaining loads from your old property in the UK.
If you've got heavy, awkwardly shaped or bulky items you will naturally need a van that has the capacity to cater for them. Really bulky or heavy items may require a Luton or box style van body, together with a tail lift to conveniently hoist your stuff into the van's cargo area for transportation.
Over recent years there has been a significant increase in interest in the help of a man with a van in the UK, and this doesn't look like it is going to change anytime soon, which is no doubt the reason why you will notice many website offers and local adverts for their services. What we really need is a bit of guidance to help us choose the best man and van for our requirements, and ways to check their promises of great service.
OBTAINING A QUOTE
Always try to getprice quotes, for your needs, even if you're only really looking for a last minute delivery or move due to unforeseen circumstances. Be totally honest when conveying your needs and the amount and size of articles you've got. This helps to ensure that any quotations you obtain will be as accurate as possible, and you'll know precisely what you will be charged before the day of the move. In no event consent to pay the whole fee upfront, and always ask for the quote to be put in writing before agreeing to anything.
Removal insurance for any items will have to be dealt with if it's not included in the quotation. If you're prepared to take on the insurance costs, a company may offer you a far cheaper estimate. Agreeing to one of these uninsured quotations will mean that you have to arrange your own insurance, which will of course add to your costs. There are third party insurance companies that will provide cover for personal possessions and removals during transit. You should always check the small print of any quote and if insurance is not cited, ask.
If you're aware of friends or neighbours who've hired a local UK man with a van in the past, they may be able to provide a recommendation. Standard checks regarding pricing, van size and insurance will still be required, even with a company or service that has been given the most enthusiastic recommendation, if unwelcome surprises are to be avoided.
- Collect and Deliver Rickmansworth
- Collect and Deliver Winnersh
- Collect and Deliver Northwood
- Collect and Deliver Tredegar
- Collect and Deliver Shoreham By Sea
- Collect and Deliver Chepstow
- Collect and Deliver Halifax
- Collect and Deliver Bushey
- Collect and Deliver Redditch
- Collect and Deliver Killingworth
- Collect and Deliver Arnos Grove
- Collect and Deliver Newton Abbot
- Collect and Deliver Rayleigh
- Collect and Deliver Southchurch
- Collect and Deliver Heckmondwike
- Collect and Deliver Irvine
- Collect and Deliver Stanmore
- Collect and Deliver Brierley
- Collect and Deliver Huddersfield
- Collect and Deliver Wrexham
- Collect and Deliver Rainford
- Collect and Deliver Barking
- Collect and Deliver Dagenham
- Collect and Deliver Dunfermline
- Collect and Deliver Wood Green
- Collect and Deliver Darlaston
- Collect and Deliver Haywards Heath
- Collect and Deliver Kenilworth
- Collect and Deliver Market Harborough
- Collect and Deliver Leeds
- Collect and Deliver Port Talbot
- Collect and Deliver Neath
- Collect and Deliver Littleport
- Collect and Deliver Merthyr Tydfil
- Collect and Deliver Cirencester
- Collect and Deliver Keighley
- Collect and Deliver Dumbarton
- Collect and Deliver Banstead
- Collect and Deliver Newtown
- Collect and Deliver Portrush
- Collect and Deliver Chippenham
- Collect and Deliver Finchampstead
- Collect and Deliver Littlehampton
- Collect and Deliver Wolverhampton
- Collect and Deliver Bristol
- Collect and Deliver Carmarthen
- Collect and Deliver Crowthorne
- Collect and Deliver Pudsey
- Collect and Deliver Cardiff
- Collect and Deliver North Shields
- Collect and Deliver Airdrie
- Collect and Deliver Newport
- Collect and Deliver Wadhurst
- Collect and Deliver Bradford
- Collect and Deliver Stretford
- Collect and Deliver Stowmarket
- Collect and Deliver Reigate
- Collect and Deliver Armthorpe
- Collect and Deliver Epping
- Collect and Deliver Aberdeen
- Collect and Deliver Burslem
- Collect and Deliver Harefield
- Collect and Deliver Waterbeach
- Collect and Deliver Sutton Coldfield
- Collect and Deliver Blackheath
- Collect and Deliver Stalybridge
- Collect and Deliver Ammanford
- Collect and Deliver Keynsham
- Collect and Deliver Swindon
- Collect and Deliver Stratford Upon Avon
- Collect and Deliver Edgware
- Collect and Deliver Glasgow
- Collect and Deliver Poulton
- Collect and Deliver Smethwick
- Collect and Deliver St Ives
- Collect and Deliver Kirkcaldy
- Collect and Deliver Crawley
- Collect and Deliver Burnham On Sea
- Collect and Deliver Sunbury On Thames
- Collect and Deliver Chichester
- Collect and Deliver Oldbury
- Collect and Deliver Armagh
- Collect and Deliver Knaresborough
- Collect and Deliver Chigwell
- Collect and Deliver Hornchurch
- Collect and Deliver Didcot
- Collect and Deliver Buckhurst Hill
- Collect and Deliver Clydebank
- Collect and Deliver Liversedge
- Collect and Deliver Edinburgh
- Collect and Deliver Shildon
- Collect and Deliver Greenock
- Collect and Deliver Solihull
- Collect and Deliver Clevedon
- Collect and Deliver Darwen
- Collect and Deliver Minster
- Collect and Deliver Cambuslang
An inspection of your items in person might be requested by some man and van services in the UK, even where you feel that you have accurately outlined your requirements and items, so don't feel upset if this happens, it is simply their policy. The key reason for this is to make certain that there are enough operatives to complete the move successfully and that a van of the right size is allotted to hold the goods that are involved in the move. This is also often required to evaluate the extent of the work involved in the move, be it the amount of stairs/floors to traverse, parking constraints or other challenges, and your initial price quote may be affected in a favourable or negative way.
It is quite likely that each man with a van service in the UK will have differing pricing structures, but the principal factors that will affect the bill that you'll finally be given are:
- Bridge and road tolls or ferry tickets.
- The time needed for collection and delivery.
- Packing/Unpacking Items.
- Requirements of vehicle type and size.
- Amount, weight and size of the items to be moved.
- If any extra hands are required.
- If you're willing to do any of the packaging or removal work.
- The total journey distance.
When you need to budget the costs upfront, it can be handy to find a man and van service that uses a fixed fee price structure, so that you know where you are. For the collection, transportation and drop-off of items to your premises in the UK within a local area, and over a shorter time frame, this can be handy.
You should think about the planned route between the points of collection and delivery if you choose a fixed hourly rate payment. Even though the distance remains the same whether you are charged by the hour or by the mile, specific routes could be well known for traffic problems at different times of the day, or there could be roadworks and other hold-ups along the route. Any hold ups on the road will all be chargeable at the rate you've agreed on with the company. Even if the vehicle arrives promptly at your new address, if there's a hold-up in gaining access, even when it is out of your control, such as exchanging keys with a landlord or estate agent, you'll still be charged as per the agreed rate.
THE DAY OF THE MOVE
By carrying out most of the preparation in advance of removal day you will save yourself a lot of stress and worry. You will want to reserve a parking space for the van as near as possible to the entryway to your dwelling, and that's easily accessible from the pavement. To guarantee that this can happen on the day in question, you may need to arrange a parking permit, and you may also need to ask if immediate neighbours can move their cars.
Each carton you pack in advance of removal should have an itemised contents list attached to the exterior and be securely fastened for transporting. Doing this correctly will help in the unfortunate event of an insurance claim, and will prevent any fragile items from being placed under heavy objects by the van loading team. If you chose to go with a "pack and go" service where your man and van does everything for you, each item should be ticked off a previously prepared inventory as this procedure is being done.
The very last carton to be lifted onto the van will be the first one taken off, and should be labeled as "essential". You could include a toilet roll and tea and coffee making facilities to make sure everyone is happy throughout the day, and if youngsters are involved this might include gadgets and toys to keep them entertained whilst the unloading is being done.
We should also discuss the possibilities if you're planning on moving abroad, particularly to a country in Europe. You might not be moving overseas for good but perhaps have a holiday pad and need a package to be delivered there. With a start to finish, single man and van service your valuables are under full supervision, giving you peace of mind throughout the journey. Whatever your requirements for deliveries abroad, there's a man with a van in the UK to help.
Delivering individual packages or complete van loads to the area of your choice, there are man with a van services who have set up dedicated transport routes to several destinations across Europe. These man with a van services offer a speedy, reliable and surprisingly cheap way to have your items and packages delivered from Britain to Europe. Remember that whilst transport by sea is the least expensive, it does take significantly longer for your stuff to arrive at its destination than a road-only journey.
Waste Carrier's License
It is entirely feasible that you will need to hire a man and van in the UK to carry waste to the local recycling centre or tip after you've done a home clearance, basement clearance or loft clearance. What you need to keep in mind if this is the case, is that the transfer of such goods will call for a valid carriers licence. The man and van transporting your rubbish, even if it's one large single item like an old mattress, a fridge freezer or a washing machine, still needs to have one of these carrier's.
The idea of this is to help stop fly-tipping and other irresponsible methods of disposal, and ensure that your waste gets to where it can be properly recycled. And if your waste items get fly-tipped by an unlicensed carrier, it is most likely you who are going to get fined and receive a local authorities penalty notice.
It is not certain that all UK man with van companies will hold a carriers licence, so this is one of the things that you should check. You can CLICK HERE to check if a specific man and van is the authorised holder of a licence.
A Man With a Van UK - A Quick Overview
If you're moving from one three bedroom home to another in the UK you're going to have a whole lot of belongings, and a specialist removal company will probably be needed. But if you've only got one or two items to transport, are there alternative options? A quick call to your local UK man with a van company will be sufficient to get all the advice you need concerning your move.
So, what other factors do you need to consider?
- Capacity & Van Size: Is the delivery van big enough to hold everything that you need to be moved? Sometimes certain presumptions may be made, and the van that turns up might not hold everything that you need to be shifted. What you should try to avoid is being charged extra for an additional van.
- Loading & Unloading: Is loading and unloading the van included in the fee? Some companies in the area don't explain this properly beforehand. All that is required is to ask the question. Even though the difference in price is not usually that high, it is still a factor you need to keep in mind.
- Insurance & Liability: Are you certain that the provider is insured for breakages? If your much loved vase is cracked or your furniture is busted when the vehicle arrives at its destination, no amount of "sorries" are going to help to get things fixed. What makes matters worse is that the man and a van will probably not be liable. Thus, you must ask for details regarding what is covered and what isn't, and make sure the man with a van service has sufficient insurance to cover what they are transporting.
In a nutshell, you should always ask about any questions that are bothering you, and any trustworthy man and van removal service in the UK will gladly respond. If they they are evasive about answering your queries, the alarm bells should be ringing. These simple tips should help you find the ideal man with a van service in the UK, and get your things successfully moved to their final destination.
UK Man With a Van Tasks
There is a variety of work that can be carried out by your local UK man with a van including cooker moves, cheap man with a van services, specialist removals, single item services, office relocations, packing services in the UK, mattress collection, temporary storage,, long-distance moves, IKEA pick-ups, furniture dismantling/reassembly, , light removals, large item collection & delivery, commercial moves in the UK, sofa deliveries UK, shop collections, wardrobe deliveries in the UK, furniture moving UK, UK, rubbish removal, Shpock deliveries UK, student moves in the UK, awkward item removals, furniture disposal, house clearances in the UK, household items disposal, light haulage, same day collection and delivery, and more.
- UK Man With a Van Hire
- UK Man With a Van Quotes
- UK Cheap Man With a Van
- UK Business Man With a Van Services
- UK Van and Man
- UK Man With a Van Services
- UK Landlord Man With a Van Services
- UK Man and a Van
- UK Rubbish Removal
- UK Office Removals
- UK Man and the Van
- UK Removals
- UK Residential Man With a Van Services
- UK Man and Van
Domestic Man With a Van Services - Removals - Man With Van Services - Man and Van - Van and Man - Man With a Van Services - Cheap Man With a Van - Man With a Van Quotes - Man With a Van Near Me